how does the transporter rate

i have audio aero capitole se mk ii, how does it compare to hooking up a transporter from slim devices, using flac files , is it open and transparent and lots of detail
pavpet
thanks uncle jeff.shredder,steve n very informative, thanks for all info will use AA FOR PREAMP HOOKED UP TO SQUEEZEBOX TRANSPORTER , AND WILL STILL USE MY CD,S AS WELL , WILL LOOK FORWARD TO REALLY LISTENING TO DIFFERENCES, SINCE THERE IS NO MOVING PARTS IN SQEEZEBOX TRANSPORTER ,THERE SHOULD BE NO JITTER AND SOUND GOOD , HOPEFULLY I WILL GET LOTS OF SHIMMER ON TOP AND A GREAT SOUNSTAGE AS I HVE NOW ,THANKS GUYS YOUR INPUT IS GREAT
Pavpet - no jitter? Think again. Why do you believe there is no audible jitter? Advertising? Reviews?

All clocks have jitter, some are just lower than others. You dont need a spinning CD to get jitter.

Steve N.
I just purchase the Transporter almost two weeks ago and I am using it with FLAC files. To my ears after break-in, it sounds great. I truly love the sound, and to me it sounds better then my CD Player. Voices sound clear and detail and to me musical. My CD player (BAT VK D5se with SIX-PAK output capacitor modules) sound like it playing through a filter next to the transporter. But again that’s to my ears. Maybe it’s because I have an all tube setup. I can’t say for sure, Later on this week I will connect my other amps (CI D200s) to it and see how they compare. But as it stands right now, my unmodded Transporter is a keeper and the CD player is a thing of the pasts.
I agree that the Transporter has moved my CDs to the proverbial 'back shelf' even as my CD player is the Audio Aero Capitole. Moving my music library to my G5 and using Apple Lossless is really good and so much easier.
will give it a try will set up with , transporter from squeezebox ,then use flac files ,

moemoney have all tube gear as well will give it a try

audioengr thought jitter was from transport only .,clock in transporterwould have enough jitter to be noticeable

guys your great keep info comming very interesting