Quad panel outlet - can I do one circuit on this?

Can I do a 20 amp dedicated circuit to four outlets in a quad panel on the wall?

I guess that means one circuit breaker would be wired into 4 spots to plug something into.

jumia

No problem. A 20 amp circuit is 2400 watts. What are you going  to plug into the outlet? I doubt it would use more than 2400 watts!

I’m trying to evaluate the benefit of having 2 20 amp circuit breakers feeding into a double outlet positioned behind a quad outlet plate (ie, a multi branch circuit) vs. Modifying it to a double outlet being fed by 1 20 amp circuit breaker. Do I lose that much by making this change in terms of reduced noise benefit?

In light of the multi branch circuit not really being 2 dedicated circuits, does it matter very much if I power of those double outlets with one 20 amp circuit breaker versus a double pole configuration (ie. 40 AMps total).

I don’t really need 40 Amps of power and while 2 dedicated circuits would be highly preferable I’m not sure existing multi branch configuration I have is achieving anywhere near what 2 dedicated circuits would achieve. So why not free up panel availability by just having one circuit breaker Power the double outlets. I still have 10 gauge wire feeding it so the benefits of that are still there.

Then I could take the leftover 20 amp circuit breaker and wire to another location in the house which also has a listening room and create a new dedicated Circuit into this room.

IMO, two 20 amp circuits feeding a double outlet is overkill. Use the other 20 amp circuit for the other location! Total up the  amount of watts that  will be used at each location and I doubt it would even come close to 2400. That's my take on your situation!

Post removed