Why don't higher end amplifiers come with a separate power chassis?

Many higher end preamplifiers come with separate power boxes, but I don't see amplifiers with separate boxes, any idea why this might be?

emergingsoul

@emergingsoul Wrote:

Power amps should be designed with a separate power box. Mono blocks are good because they have separate power supplies they just need to be separated it would be interesting to know how big these chassis would be.

Pretty big. Below are two 150 watt mono block amps with separate power supplies, four chassis.

Mike

Cool post! After learning about B fields in college physics, I've always been wary of placing transformers close to any circuitry without good shielding (despite trafo mfg claims of low b field). I use stainless cake pans. As some have mentioned above @erik_squires  it is nice to have the dc close. One idea I read about recently which seems to be the best of both worlds is to put the trafo and the first bank of caps after the rectifier then use the umbilical cable for a pi resistor (around 0R1) then place the second cap bank in the circuit chassis. Pretty cool. I'm sure SMc has implementing something similar, since he likes his clean ops DC juice close. Really close. As do I... peace

Xs300 past labs Mono blocks for a pair are $85,000.

I think they're 300 W per mono.   Doesn't seem like much power.

really nice car or a pair of mono blocks, or better still, both.

It seems 80% (totally anecdotal number) of the challenges around sound quality comes from the power supply of any complement. Very often the difference between different models from a manufacturer, at different price points, involve extremely complex work on the power supplies.

I was wondering if lithium battery distribution is less noisy or if changing to a solid state battery has the potential for less noise. 

@larry5729 "Why do amplifiers come with such cheap power cords.  The power cords they come with might cost $5."

Because the manufacturers know power cords make no difference to sound quality.  They surely have tested.  They don't need or want to waste money on components that cannot improve their product.  They package a good quality regular power cord usually of heavy gauge.  That is all that is required.

Those who wish to spend good $$$$ for no good reason may purchase after-market power cords at whatever price level makes them feel happy.