Klipsch forte II what league are they in?

Read some good things on the net about these. Fine, but do these play in the same league as the likes of harbeth, proac and reynaud or are they just a really good, middle of the road, fun, plays loud, good bass, economical, musical, party speaker? Are they a serious audiophile speaker by comparison with the others?
catsmeow
Regarding Learsfool remark: "...There are many professional musicians, including myself, who feel that horn speakers, driven by tube electronics, are the closest thing you can get to the sound of live music...", that says it all. Own Cornwalls & Belles. Looking to upgrade / trade Heresy 1's for Forte II's (hoping to hook-up with a Forte II-owning "downsizer"). Thing about Heritage Klipsch is you're right there in the club (or concert hall, or fourth row center in the audience) when they're paired with good electronics. I use Scott LK 72 (299D / 7591) with the Cornwalls & 222D (7981) with the Belles. Both int. amps were rehabbed by NOS Valves. Both pairs of speakers contain upgraded with Crites mods - crossovers & tweeters. You can get away with a portable CDP with little degredation of SQ & realism. Just saw LCD Soundsystem at Phila. Naval Yard. Known to play loud, but alway uses best PA gear available. Went back home (after my hearing returned two days later) & listened to Mr. Murphy's CD recordings on the Cornwalls. Like being back at the show - a little frieghtening how similar. Will eventually go the Cornscala route, but these'll do for now. To sum up, if you like the dynamics & undistorted volume levels of sound systems found in high-end clubs, you'll like Klipsch Heritage stuff.
Just got some Forte IIs a couple months ago for $320. Basically, traded a cartridge and some cables from my closet. Black, some scuffs and minor scratches, but good corners and edges. Used them almost exclusively with my 12wpc Tamp-20 t-amp so far.
Love them! High end? Who cares?!
Looking forward to slowly upgrading with Crites, cabinet mods, and damping the horns. But right now, I'm having great fun. "Fullrange" with real bass with an amp I got for $64 (including shipping) off ebay! Brings new meaning to the Subdude's song "Poor Man's Paradise"!
Blkadr,

Congrats on the Forte II's. I changed out my diaphragms in my Forte's to the Crites Tites and really enjoy the higher extension and detail. Huge bang for the buck mod.

Just scored a mint pair of Quartet's in oak oil for $100.00. Christmas came early for me about 2 weeks ago.

Enjoy your toys,

Bill
Now I'm just jealous. I was actually looking for Quartets, thinking of the slightly more manageable size, and perhaps bass output for my room. Now you tell me you got a sweet pair for $100? That -is- a Merry Christmas!
I own Klipsch Forte 1's. I power them with a newly recapped, fully serviced Sansui 8080DB, and the quality of the sound emanating from the Fortes is nothing short of amazing. Bass for days, clear and crisp highs, and mids accurately reproduce voices, not harsh in the least. Everyone recommends Crites mods, but I will leave them alone for now. They are that good. I listen to all types of music, and for me, they are quite simply the very best speaker I could afford or hope to afford for that matter. I paid $300 for mine, and have heard of those paying much more. No buyer's remorse here, whatsoever. I can't think of a better match for my Sansui. Amazing. I have little experience with other comparable brands in their range, but with their reputation and resale value, I'm sure they were a good choice, and they will no doubt stay right here for a long long time. Well-pleased.