Resistor replacement Wilson Sophia (original)...

Has anyone replaced the resistors in an original Sophia?  Wilson on-line video is another model.  Will be replacing the ones for the tweeter and midrange.  How difficult?  Any effect on sound quality.

gsieg

hi, i have sophia 2 with Rogue tube amp Cronus Magnum iii (100w)

i saw in a box with manual, sophia ii pair resistors 27.3 ohms for woofer.

(default comes with 29,3 ohms)

I wonder if with 27ohms can improve something? help the amp with "less load"? Or does it just go more energy to the mid and tweeter ? (I know that these woofers are problematic because down up 3 ohms.)

It is going to reduce/alter the output of the bass.  The impedance as seen from the amp will barely change.

If you feel that there is too much bass, or it's flabby it's a worthwhile experiment.

Thank you Erik. Im going to try. 

I have too much bass and I feel that the rest of the frequencies are minimized by it. I feel an improvement when I remove 20% low frequencies with the digital equalizer.

Just took delivery of a used pair of Sasha 2s and I ordered a new set of resistors to start off with a clean slate.  The speakers sound great out of the crate…so I’m wondering if doing the replacement is worth the hassle? Could it improve the performance?…not sure..

opinions on the topic? Should I just do anyway?