PrimaLuna Prologue 8 CD Player Sound

Anyone own a Primaluna Prologue 8 cd player. I am looking for a tubed cdp that doesn't have overly warm bass. Any owners care to comment on it's sonic signature.
blazen69
Mrjstark, it's easy to miss a piece in the classifieds that rarely shows up in the used market, but I've not seen one for sale here at the Gon. I must have missed that one. And, what dealer that you are aware of sold a demo for $1500? That would be a great price.
I have seen at least 2 or 3 in the past month. I am not sure but I think he was also a dealer.
I think the major problem is that it was supposed to be $1000 cheaper than what it eventually retailed for. All the prices I read about led me to believe that it would be less than $1500 when it came out.
Synthfreek - you are right.
Original projected MSRP. was around $1600 then $1999 and end up at 2.5k.
Is it worth that much...? I leave it to you. However it would be a KILLER AT $1500....up to 2K.

Regardless of price, it is a fine, details fast and in the same time musical and not to edgy cdp (a lot of CDP under 2K
are ether edgy, colored, laid back to hide imperfections - very few strike home run. Those that came with winning formula are well known within the circle).

I was verrrry close and almost purchase Prima Luna 8 but also could not fully swallow full price. At the time, there was non on AgoN listings......So when given a right price for Consonance Droplet, I didn't think twice.
03-13-08: Mjcmt
I think the Primaluna Prologue 8 cdp is not hitting it big because it is butt ugly IMHO. I looks like an amp. For $2.5K let's put some style into the design. There is no creativity to it at all. Send their industrial designers back to school.

To each their own........ I personally think it looks much better than the typical "box" that most cdp's are packaged in....... I'm just waiting for a black faced one to show up slightly used, or, until I can pay cash for a new one. In the meantime, I'm picking up a gently used NAD C542. Anything will beat the Sony Discman I'm using at the moment........ :(