Confession: I only like Norah Jones because so many others told me to

Norah Jones is the darling of Jazz and Audiophile press for a few years.  I've heard her albums, maybe even bought one.  Look, being a musical artist is hard as hell and I can't do it, but I realize in listening to others talk about her that I'm missing something special while listening to her.

Please, without wanting to pile on her, if you love her tell me why.  What has you going about Miss Jones that makes her a standout? No wrong answers.

erik_squires

Norah Jones, I have tried to like her music but just can’t get myself to that point.  Diana Krall on the other hand makes wonderful muduc

Her album "New York City" with the Peter Malick group is a must have for any audiophile, one of my favorites... Also she did a track called "More than this" on the excellent Charlie Hunter album Songs from the Analog Playground which is great, get both albums they are fantastic sounding and great music

jerryg123

I agree with you about her newer stuff.

I first heard Diana Krall many years ago, on the radio, WBGO.

Listening, all of a sudden: who's that piano player? End of program they announced names. I assumed an old veteran who had mastered the touch I was hearing.

In her early days she played piano much more. She adopted the Nat King Cole sideways position, playing while often looking sideways at the audience.

Saw/heard her in New Orleans, played a lot there.

Later, her looks became big, she sings much more than plays which is a shame.

Saw her live with Tony Bennett at Radio City, that was terrific.

If you are looking for other things Norah has done, as others have said, Puss N Boots is good as is The Little Willies.