End Game Turntable suggestions

Hello all, looking for insights to help me narrow down to some core choices; I am open to new or preowned. My system details can be seen under my profile.

In summary I have significantly expanded my vinyl collection and as of now I am looking to purchase an end game turntable appropriate for my setup. As you can see I use Mola Mola Kaluga Monos, and I really like the Zesto Pre and Phonostages. I find the class D/tube pre combination very pleasing. 

I would appreciate suggestions for around $5-8K (table + arm), new or used. I will have separate budget for cartridge. One preferred option (but not must-have) is universal voltage, as I may move the unit to Europe later. My current vintage turntable (Project Perspective) is 22 years old, and while I don't know how to compare to something really amazing, I can say that my setup is lacking detail and bass. The tonearm is terrible to keep aligned. Based on visits to Axpona and Cap Audio Fest and other research, I am thinking of a few in my budget, but will really value your suggestions of other brands:

- Origin Live Sovereign

- VPI Signature

- SAM Sinner

- Thorens TD 1601 (semi automatic)

Visual appeal is important to me (which is why Technics 1200 is not on my list despite great reviews everywhere). I love the idea of set it and forget it DD tables, but unfortunately mostly out of my budget (eg VPI HW-40 going for abt 11K used)....

Sorry for the long post but my hope is this background and help solicit good suggestions. Thanks

musicmatters1206

Simply put…buy what you like the looks of and make sure it is absolutely isolated from vibration. If you’re on anything other than a concrete floor consider a solid wall mounted shelf…perfectly level.

If you want to agonize over the selection process, save that for the cartridge and your phono cable…then phono pre. I’m very fond of my Hana ML on the 10” JMW unipivot arm.

Should you select VPI, when properly isolated I doubt you will hear any difference between the Scout/Prime/Signature (all with 20 lb platter). Also, not sure why some fret the unipivot arm. A simple and elegant design that is a joy to live with.

I’m not sure about an endgame table but my SOTA Star Sapphire with vacuum hold down and an SME V arm is probably my last table. Once setup it’s rock solid, quiet and free from footfalls and extraneous noise. Add the SME arm which also is easy to setup and it’s set it and forget, just excellent sound that still rivals more expensive tables of today. SOTA has redone tables with all the upgrades on there website, take a look. I do also have a VPI Aries 2 table with an SME 309 arm which is a fine sounding unit, maybe not as good as the SOTA but still an awesome table. Plenty of VPI’s on the used marked too so choices are plentiful.

I would also recommend the VPI HW-40. I have had mine for almost a year. It was a game changer for me. I immediately could tell that it was something special. Mine was new but I got a pretty good discount on it at the time. I have the Ortofon Cadenza Black installed. 

I encourage at least two tonearms, one with a removable headshell.

And then a SUT with at least two selectable inputs, PASS for MM, and optional settings for MC cartridges, thus only 1 phono input needed for any tonearm.

Best Stereo on main arm, Mono ready to go on second arm. Second arm removable headshell for quick change to other cartridges, yours or a friends. 

Second arm, easy height adjustment for VTA, and if cartridges of various heights are involved.

I've seen some two arm tables all; assembled, I'll post some later when I have more time if you are interested in the idea.

I personally helped a friend mount two Micro-Seiki Arms on this wonderful Luxman PD444

We know what we have best. Me, personally, I couldn't be happier with mine. Importantly, I have the skills and tools to modify, mount tonearms which makes a big difference is a solution like mine.

I put my vintage TT together with help here. Bit by Bit, Plinth and Spinner phase 1. 3  tonearms selected separately, also with advice here.

All in, except cartridges, $5,000.

I started with two arms, and later squeezed a compact 3rd arm on, so I have Long Arm with MC, any other, and Mono.

Mine is Vintage JVC Victor TT81 DD Quartz Lock Spinner in a JVC Victor Two Armboard Plinth CL-P2, seen here

https://www.audiogon.com/systems/9511?_gl=1*bdv68k*_ga*NjQzNzE3MDA1LjE2NjQyODIxNDk.*_ga_SR0PMVVEN1*MTY3MTg5MDUwNi4yMDAuMS4xNjcxODkwODkwLjYwLjAuMA..

How is a Clearaudio table not on your list? I scored a Clearaudio Ovation with Magnify tonearm preowned for $7k. Sounds absolutely incredible and looks amazing too!