Klipsch La Scala replacement?

Hi there! 

I just moved to my new place and there's a BIG chance I have to get rid of my Klipsch La Scala due to space... I have been looking into B&W 702 S2 or maybe Klipsch forte. Any suggestions that anyone could provide would be great, I truly enjoy my La Scalas, hence I would like to buy something similar in audio quality.

Thanks in advance!

Edwin

erivera1990

I'd suggest going to hear the nearby Double Impacts. Don't know if they'll fully replace the LaScalas, but the DIs have a big, bold sound that may do the trick.

Lascalas are 24 inches wide. That is 4 ft of wall space needed for the two of them. What dimension ( s ) are the Lascala to large? Damp the horns, and they will be considerably cleaner. Other speakers ( B & W as an example), do not sound dynamic in the way the Lascala does, needs a beefier amp to get them going, and needs room around them to image / sound proper. I have installed Lascalas in many peoples homes, with excellent results. I am a Klipsch Heritage guy, and I can help you, if you have the 4 ft of wall space to place them. My best, MrD.

I have never owned La Scalas, but I love my Fortes… have III’s and IV’s.  The IV’s are a step up over the III’s imo, especially in the midrange. The Fortes sound excellent with tube and vintage SS. They are at a fair price point, although I believe Klipsch’s recent price increases are excessive, especially considering that some of their drivers are made inexpensively.

Hi, I have owned Klipsch and B&W 804s. In my taste, your are at the two extreems. Both great, but so different. Have you ever demoed Revels? But if you already like horns, stay with them. Fortes are great, I have a pair right now, and use them often...

Hood luck ob your search...

Heresy IIIs sound better to me having compared them to IVs in my system...the mid horn is far simpler (a complete re-design without the interesting horn throat design the IIIs have) in the IVs and has a plastic diaphragm instead of titanium. They're also cheaper if you can find them.