Vinyl record cleaning

I watched a video of someone cleaning records in a dishwasher. I think it was a Maytag, I've heard they are very dependable. I have a lady Kenmore which was left behind when she moved out and took everything else. Anyone try this method? I will today, I have nothing better to do. 

voodoolounge

Use Cascade Dishwasher Detergent. It has better surfactants than Tide and won't leave a residue behind. Note that this method works best if you live in an area with soft water instead of hard water.  Do NOT use a Brillo Pad. 

Seriously a number of companies make things like this for use in saving the label when doing an immersive cleaning. I have seen other videos where people just wash the record in the sink and let water run across the label.  No no for me on that. 
WEWU ROUNDS Vinyl Record Label Saver Vinyl Record Clean Saver Record Cleaning Protector Waterproof Label Saver Record Cleaner Clamp Care (12") https

I'd rather wash my dog in the dishwasher than my records. Well - NOT - but you get my drift...

I bought a cheap Record Washer MK11 and washed half a dozen records and the fluid was dirty looking.  I used new fluid and washed more, same thing.  This yellow plastic device is cheap n easy.  The fluid is reasonable cost and a jumbo kit includes all you need for a couple hundred records. 

Ok, it's Frankenstein Ugly, and not jewelry, it does not look like something James Bond would keep in his brief case or glovebox.  But I noticed a much cleaner look, and sound from LP's.