The Right Speaker Cables

Looking to try new speaker cables. I just tried a pair of Nordost Superflatline cables in place of my Blue Jean Cables. I found the Nordost more detailed which i loved but they didn't have the fullness that Bue Jean provides me. I find the Nordost having a leaner sound. My price range at this moment is around $500 for the pair. Suggestions on other cables I could try.

My System:  Amp - Parasound A21+, Preamp - Parasound P6, Phono Amp - Parasound JC 3 Jr, Turntable - MOFI Studiodeck with Ultra Cartridge, Streamer - Bluesound Vault 2i, Speakers - GoldenEar Triton One.R

derfman66

fpomposo,

can't see how the anti cables could ever beat audience, I was on their website and they use ofc conductors which are very inferior to OCC I see that you're using OCC everywhere else so it doesn't make sense not to use OCC speaker cables, but there is something better than the round OCC now it's rectangular OCC and it's even better than the round OCC not cheap though, Neotech produces the rectangular OCC.

axpert,

I was on the Reality Cables website and nowhere does it say that they use OCC single crystal wire and I went through their whole website so I don't know where you're getting that from.

Hi derfman66, thanks for the question...

My fascination with our hobby is how we evolve as we gain listening experience and knowledge over time...into our dotage I might add.  :)  Synergy is a term bandied about contextually in hi fi.  Attempts to "more  finalize" my system once settling down in a dedicated room these last 22 years...overall contentment is the goal.  Timbre, attack, stage, depth resolution, minutia, air, corporeal sense...all the important buzzwords onboard without the loss of overreaching musicality.  

Having most of that now in place, my focus turned to loudspeaker cables.  My music tastes are eclectic, easily spanning 100 years, having grown up in a musical household.  The highly exacting, ribbon cables I'd been using no longer fit.  They overreached on all but the best recordings...an audio style "Peter Principle," if you will, and suffered dimensionality.   

Now, I do think that some of us are highly sensitive to cable differences.  Less indifferent to the changes is another way of presenting it.  Sadly, I'm in this group.  In doing a deeper dive, I rediscovered George Cardas and his progressive performance line of cables, finding my sweet spot.  Of course, being me, I've sent the cables to Cardas, upgrading to forged connections and bi-wiring the speaker end of the internal bi-wire design.  What?  Did you think I'd gone sane?!            More Peace                 Pin

axpert,

you said recently Harmonic technology has discovered the same technologies Harmonic technology has been around since 1989 doing single crystal wire. LOL

Hey havocman ,

I go by my ears, not OFC vs OCC or by measurements , and for low level Acoustic Zen has been my favorite for a very long time, running Absolutes between my DAC and preamp and Matrix Reference preamp to amp... also Krakatoa power cords on most stuff which are amazing...

The AU24’s I used to have years back were very good and thin which I liked, but I bought the Anti Cables which were very cheap and had the risk free trial just for a lark and I ended up liking them better, much more and very very tight bass, I ended up selling the Audience AU24’s here on Audiogon and made back I think over a grand... the new Flex 4.2 is a big upgrade and pretty inexpensive... Maybe you should give them a shot, you might be surprised, I think they do a 30 day risk free trial still but I’m not sure