Streamer matching to system

I am looking to upgrade from my blusound node. I am running a McIntosh MA5300 integrated amp with Revel f208’s and a velodyne DD10 sub with iPad as control interface. I am looking for recommendations for a hifi streamer & digital transport that can store digitally purchased hi res music files. The innuous models come to mind but wondering if there are other products / solutions that I should demo? Some other considerations:  very open to used gear, no limitations on space to house the solution, MQA is not required as I prefer Qobuz, trying to stick close to $3k budget. Cheers!

Attachment.png

Ag insider logo xs@2xmatt_mccloat

@matt_mccloat 

Do you like the Bluesound software? I have the new N130 and replaced the power supply with a linear power supply and am running it into a Denafrips Pontus ll. The better DAC made a huge difference as you might have guessed and the new power supply made a very noticeable difference as well. Oh and the Node and software sees my NAS where I have about 1600 CD’s ripped and that’s a big plus for me.

I have a Sonore i7 with an ultra Rendu from small green computer fed to a Denafrips Pontus II and I love it.  Easy to use, Roon endpoint, sounds amazing

@audphile1 @barts @jerryg123 @pwoodard922 Purchasing a standalone DAC is an interesting avenue to explore. Are there specific DAC’s you recommend I begin to research? Admittedly I know very little about the standalone DAC space. A few have mentioned Denafrips Pontus 2 so I will start there.

@baylinor your set up is wild. It was a bit hard to tell exactly what you did to augment the node - would you mind spelling it out here?