Wadia 7 and Levinson 30.5 vs Todays CD Players

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering how my Wadia 7 CD Transport and Mark Levinson 30.5 DAC compare with Todays CD Players/DACs. I am comparing redbook playback not SACD.

Thanks,
Russ
rhohense
I'm still happy with my Levinson 31.5/30.6 combo.

I've heard lots of the newer high end digital source equipment. Most just sound different, not necessarily better. Like chocolate and vanilla ice cream...both are good, but different.....to make a comparison to the digital sources.

The Levinson reference pieces will stay with me.

Best,

Paul
I'm running a No.360S/37 combo .... even at that level I cant find a better setup. I have blown people away - even compared to SACD and DVD-A setups the Levinson (to me) is the absolute best I have heard.

The only upgrade I would even consider would be a 30.5 & 31.5 transport.

... The Levinson pieces will stay with me as well
I would consider only one dac: apogee rosetta 200. It is better -to my ears - than the highly coveted EMM dac (so it may be better than the ML), has ad conversion, and firewire connection to your computer, if you has one. Thus, it is also a port to the next period of digital music listening method. You may add Big Ben clock also to further the sonic of the dac. It is also relatively cheap,especially compared to high end prices. And if you add the functions - it is probably the best option to buy.