Digital is far better than vinyl

I have invested a decent sum of money into my digital setup, including a decent streamer (Innuos Zenith MK3), a very good dac (Denafrips Terminator 2), Eno filter, and good cabling. But after being told by many here that vinyl is vastly superior to digital, I thought let’s build an analog system and see what all the fuss is about. So this is what I did ...

I picked up an Audio Technica TT from Amazon for around $299. I then used one of the older integrated amps with a built-in phono, which I believe I paid around $500 a few years ago. And, finally, just to even out the playing field I bought the cheapest possible cables from alibaba. Since I didn’t have extra rack space to put the TT on, I got a couple of bricks and built a DIY platform for it.

So after listening to the analog setup for a few days, I can proclaim without a shadow of doubt that digital is far, far superior than vinyl on any given day, and twice a day on Sunday.

What has been your experience? And please, don’t mention your gear or any special. cartridges, isolation, etc. Not interested in your system details. I just want to make sure you guys understand that digital is far, far superior than vinyl.

128x128arafiq

Loved every minute of this thread. I can't believe how many people have missed the humour in it. 

Top and bottom of it all is either format can be truly excellent if you buy the right gear.

Great Post buddy!

I doubt more recent posters don't get the satire, plenty of posts point to it. Unless they're not reading through thread, this is chance for them to profess their bias, can't pass up the chance. The true believer can't help themselves.

For me digital is better in all ways except the sound is better on Lp’s. Two years ago, I moved to a "Off The Grid"  cabin and left the core of my system behind. I brought my records and left the Digital disc. I’m 69 years old and I grew up with vinyl. I remember sitting in the back seat of a 1950 Ford that belonged to my older sisters boyfriend listening to "Great Balls Of Fire" being played on a 45 record changer under the dash. These days our Cell Phones hold our entire digital music collection. Better, I think so, but that’s just me.

The audiophiles who responded sincerely despite the unprofessional post by arafiq have increased the signal/noise ratio on an often weak forum, despite those commenters who are only immersed in feeble satire