Mola Mola Tambaqui Roon vs Separate Streamers

I'm currently using my Mola Mola Tambaqui with Roon streaming Tidal.

Has anyone added a separate streamer such as the Auralic Aries G2/2.1 or the Lumin U1?  If so, was differences did you hear with the streamer addition?  Is it worthwhile?  

I'd love to hear feedback from other Tambaqui owners.

Thanks!

calgarian5355

Yes!  Immediate noticeable improvement.  Blacker, more lifelike, Richer, fuller.

I just acquired this the duo of a Grimm MU1 and Tambaqui. The MU1 is ‘burning in and the MMT is on its way. Will make that have a proper break in as well. Quite excited for this.

I was going to “just” use my Lumin X1 into the Tambaqui but MU1/Tambaqui duo design philosophies were intriguing not to ignore should the opportunity present itself.

Hi @dayglow sounds awesome!  Let us know.  I have had my eye on the Grimm as well for my MMT!  Will you use USB?

@low325 @fastfreight Congrats. You'll want to use the AES output or, on the newer units, the spdif output should also carry the Grimm's reclocked signal. Do not bother with the USB output (no benefit there).

@metaldetektor 

thanks! The plan is to use the AES. But been reading positive findings with really high end AES cables. Will be using something on the lower end price wise and maybe move up. (This never ends !!/$&@#).  My unit has a SPDIF out too.