Klipsch Speakers

I have a pair of Klipsch Forte IVs, they are bright will a tube amp really help? 

silverfoxvtx1800

Doing a lot of research, I think the update they did on this forte speaker really messed it up. Everyone so check out the review in Audio Science Review. After seeing it I really can’t take the chance. So far it’s the Quicksilver.

First mistake right there , reading ASR.   The ONLY thing they care about are measurements.   Me?  I care about sound.   

I had Quicksilver Mid Monos with my Forte IV and they sound great.   In fact i had a preamp that cost about 4 x as much driving them and they were not one bit out of place .   They sounded better than they ever had .    Value proposition is high with Quicksilver.    

I’ve owned klipsch Lascala Ii’s for several years. As I’ve changed components, the Klipsch have radically transformed in sound quality. Interconnects, amps, and cartridges all created significant effects. Once too bright, then too soft…they reflect up stream colorations. Several times I concluded the klipsch’s by nature had a certain inherent sound profile only to realize later it was other influences coloring the speakers. Putting them recently upon insulating rolling dollies once again so dramatically effected the clarity that I no longer make any statements about what these speakers bring to the sound per se. I believe every speaker does have its own characteristics but these have flipped from one emphasis to another so as to make generalizations worthless.