Where should I go from here with my digital front end?

Good morning

My digital front end consists of a recently purchased  Lumin U2 Mini hard wired with Supra ethernet cable from an Eero mesh unit. Modem and Eero router located on 2nd floor. My listening room is in the basement.

My listening is 100% streaming from Tidal and Quboz with a budget of under $1k

should I:

1) upgrade the supra cable

2) add an Etherregen or Eno filter

3) add an audiophile switch such as the English Electric

4) other

Thanks!

emil

I tried fiber and it wasn't right for me.  It is a rabbit hole and you wont get to the promised land via Amazon.

I wish I had seen this before trying it.  

I have an ENO AG filter and it is nice.  I like the SOtM Cat7u better, I havent heard the new muon yet.

This is an interesting thread. I’m very curious about what the fiber connect will do to improve your digital signal. I’m generally curious about the whole bits part of the chain and what magnitude of improvements can be made there.  For $163 it’s a no brainer to try.  But if you start to get into $500+ changes, I would personally upgrade with room treatments or a DAC upgrade or an amp upgrade.  I have Belles  Aria monoblocks and they’re great but I know there are better amps out there.  Let us know what you hear.  Thanks.

It's easy. I stream through Lumin. It's great. I have 1000s of CDs I play through a high end Vd player. But if you want better sound, it's easy. Go vinyl. It will always be more pleasurable to your ears. It just will. My vinyl playback cost less than my streamer and CD player but is my go to first choice. 

I feel from where you are presently, a good Ethernet re-ganerator would be a logical step. I had good digital Ethernet and USB cables however when I added the EtherREGEN by Uptone-Audio, that made the most difference in cleaning up the noise and improving the micro-detail than any cabling changes I made. Uptone-Audio will soon be releasing their 2nd-Gen EtherREGEN device which I will be purchasing and either selling mine or giving it to my best friend.

Good Luck in your digital improvement decisions and search.

Hi @emil, I agree with @audphile1 here and have also avoided Fiber for those reasons.  Plenty report it either is or is not an improvement.  I recommend the Acoustic Network's filter.  I have the Muon and it made an immediate improvement, and does not have to be plugged in, which I find a big advantage for all the possible noise, switching power supplies, and space and clutter.  

I also upgraded to a Silent Angle Bonn 8 switch.  This was less impactful for me. It is available as I have just upgraded my switch to a JCAT M12 Gold which is amazing a clearly an upgrade, but much more $.

Ignore the naysayers.   Let us know how the fiber sounds!