New Western Electric 91E 300B Tube Integrated Amp REVIEW !

rick2000

SET 300B amps all measure dreadfully. But I must say that I was hoping for more from the WE amplifier.

However, I applaud the company's plan to expand the range of valves (as we say over here) that they plan to produce.

Besides the high distortion and low power and lousy frequency response into reactive loads(speakers) SET amps are inherently non-linear due to single ended topology. They compress the negative portion of a wave form relative to the positive side. And this can't be cured. It's due to single ended topology. Then again it's what produces the high second harmonics in an SET that many people love.

Always wanted to hear a Western Electric 300B amp.  They are supposed to be incredible with their 300B tubes. Having said that, I’d bet the 91E integrated is no slouch! I’m kind of surprised there’s a phono section in it.

Kevin Deal runs out of words when looking inside the amp. It's standard green circuit boards and ribbons. No big deal. All casework and meh. 

It is not a review from Uncle Kevin. It is a sales pitch just like any prima Luna video that he does.Â