Types of Audiophiles

The Purist

A good stereo should be a transparent window into the recording session with no opinion or distortion of it’s own

The Dynamics Fanatics

A good stereo is like a thrill ride at a carnival. If I’m not jumping it isn’t worth listening to.

Live and Let Live

It’s all good man, put your money where your heart lies.

The Bean Counter

Buys gear like he’s stocking a used stereo store. Purchase price and retail value determine what comes and goes out.

The Canners

I bought my balanced headphones specifically so you wouldn’t ask me questions while I’m listening to dub step.

The Scientist

You can’t prove you have a soul so all your opinions are meaningless.

The Blind Follower

Can’t hear a difference between amp A and B so he wants to know if he should spend 5x more on B and will wait to be told which to get.

The Brand Loyalist

Falls in love with the idea of a brand or designer and changes his job to accommodate the demands of his audio jewelry

erik_squires

I'm probably the "Doesn't know any better" type. I found a quality set up that makes me happy and although tempted by all kinds of new and wonderfully promoted gear mine sounds good to me so why fix it till it's broke? (or I'm broke) 

Contentment is a virtue. I have to remind myself of that because I quickly shift into greed gear if I don't check myself. 

So good!

May I suggest, Circle the Wagons: can't tolerate feedback contrary to an audiophile's true-belief, so joins a members-only Mutual Appreciation Society. 

You missed "Pretentious Know-it-all Who’s Compelled to Categorize People."

You misspelled "hilarious" or "engaging."

The Hans Christian Andersen

One whose system is built at the recommendation, and in the hope of the approbation, of others.

Named in honour of the author of "The Emperor's New Clothes"