Do speaker cables really make a difference ?

Thinking about buying a different speaker cable. Do speaker cables really make a difference?

128x128rsa

That has to be the most dumbass analogy that I have heard on confirmation bias. You folks don’t realize such known and true cognitive disorder works both ways. By definition, confirmation bias is the tendency we as humans have in seeking information and facts that confirm existing beliefs, rather than questioning them or seeking new ones.

Yes, people who believe speaker cables make a difference are not immune from confirmation bias. Let’s be real, all humans do. But, whatever they believe, is based on actual experience, and ownership of said cable. By definition, experience and experimentation ARE in a way objective facts. The “elephant” they actually “saw”. You on the other hand, base your opinion generally on stuff you read on the internet. The “elephant “ you never saw. So, who is the most “sick” from the cognitive dissonance ?

Another observation I have from “following” naysayers on audio forums: you spend so much time, energy, and effort in an attempt to “prove” what does NOT work. Debunk and disprove stuff. And almost none on what actually works. Why? Perhaps that way, by sharing YOUR experience on what works and how and why it works, you could become more useful to the Audio community? Actually contributing something 

Thanks for all the responses. I am thinking about trying Anti Cables speaker wire. It's very thin wire and unless they made the reviews up themselves, they are highly thought of by different users. Any thoughts on Anti Cables ?     

I have a modest second system with the Anticable 2.1.  It is a Powernode with Elac Debut Reference speakers.  I had older cables on hand from Straightwire and XLO.  I preferred the XLO, but they were way too long.  So I took a flyer on the Anitcables since I could get a five-foot pair for only $100 and run them straight from the Powernode to the speakers without them touching the floor.  They sound great with this little system.  That said, if you have a longer run you need to consider the fact that they are very stiff.  You can bend them, but they are very different from the typical flexible cable.

For me: 99.9% Pure single strand OCC Copper in a PTFE sleeve with a textile jacket. Nothing less and nothing more and it doesn't cost $1K per foot......Jim

They (and other cables) make a huge difference. Forget the "science"; what matters is, can you hear it or not. If you can, it's important. If you can't, it's not important.

It's been my experience in some 15+ years of hardcore effort electronics development that I can in fact hear nearly everything. Could probably count on 1 hand the areas where could not.

That said, I can heartily recommend Audience. Their Morre treatment really does change the conduction (can hear it) and simply put, nothing else gets out of the way of the music like Audience. Certainly not at the price point at least, likely safe to say. Audience have been kind enough to Morre treat several parts for me (inductors, caps) and lots of excellent chassis wire, which I use exclusively lately to outstanding effect.

My pals and I had been using AU24sx generally already. Hard to beat that for bang for the buck IMO. Then I was impressed enough with Audience Front Row (and Morre treated XO-M caps) that I asked for dealership status and was kindly granted.

I completely concur and agree 100% with this review: https://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php/equipment-menu/963

If it interests you, feel free to reach out. TK [email protected] www.tekaudiospecialties.com