Good read: why comparing specifications is pointless

“ … Bitrates, sampling rates, bit sizes, wattages, amplifier classes…. as an audio enthusiast, there are countless specifications to compare. But it is – virtually – all meaningless. Why? Because the specifications that matter are not reported ánd because every manufacturer measures differently. let’s explain that...”

128x128akg_ca

@jerrybj 

Well Amir, I hadn't expected your arrogance. Your assumptions are unpalatable.

This is what arrogance looks like: that the entire body of audio science, research and engineering doesn't apply to the sound coming out of your audio systems.  That objective measurements and controlled testing have no value.  That some magical force in the universe is intervening in audio and only in audio to create experiences that cannot be explained by a shred of physics, electronics, psychoacoustics, etc.  This, is arrogance to the extreme.  Not me explain all of this to you.

And oh, I believe you when you say your system sounds great.  The problem is you thinking alternative DACs don't and they are for the reasons you mentioned.  This, is the problem.

@jerryg123 

@kota1 your should know by now, Amir is all knowing and the GOD OF AUDIO.

I am not.  I am however great student of audio science, research and engineering.  This is why I am able to back everything I say with independent research.  And why you or other reviewers like you, cannot.  Their opinion is expressed and demanded to be believed.  No amount of explaining to them simple things like only using your ears to evaluate audio systems sinks in.  They stomp their feet, get angry, demand that the truth not be spoken.  

What is really strange is common sense is absent as well.  You keep saying you don't want me here, then throw out fighting words like what I am responding to.  Or arguments that can be trivially shown to be wrong.

... genial ...

You can't be serious @kota1. I think it's pretty clear how genial you and others have been to Amir. Not a good look to say the least. 

@kota1 

Please come check out the thread I started on an Atmos build, you NEED it.

Well, looks like no one else needs it as you only have a couple of responses and that is that.  I am sure plenty of people here would throw up on the idea of upmixing stereo music to multichannel/atmos.  I personally find the effect appealing at first but quickly loose interest.  It is cool that others like it as it is a preference thing.  But it is not for me so I am not going to engage you there.  Best of luck in getting others here to pay attention.

But see folks?  How I get asked over and over again to engage with them here?

@melvinjames , there are a lot of threads here besides this one. As a whole I feel the banter in this forum is indeed genial, but 100% genial, no,