Dutch & Dutch 8c with multiple sources

I’m really interested in getting the Dutch & Dutch 8c. I want to use a Mac mini for music, however I also want to be able to run the audio from my TV through the them. How would I do this?
e91811
djones51: thank you for that article, that has a lot of useful information however, I really want to get rid of extra dacs and use the DAC in the 8c
All D&D needed to do was include one optical spdif input and it would have saved users so much grief. This is a real design flaw

Yes, you stream from your Roon core via the RJ45 connection, then select the "automatically disconnect streaming" option in the D&D app. With that selected, the D&D’s disconnect from the the RJ45 input when you pause the music and switch back to analog on the XLR/AES input. You cannot damage the speakers by having signals on both inputs, they are designed to function like this. It’s literally like using a preamp to select an input. What’s cool is that you can control the volume of the analog input via the Roon app. This is how I have my system setup, RJ45 through a switch from my Roon core/music server, and my TV on the analog input, I am however using a digital output from my TV so it’s going through a DAC/preamp first. If your TV has an analog XLR output (highly unlikely) you wouldn’t need the DAC/Preamp.

By the way, this is also how Martijn, the designer of the speakers, has his system configured as well.