Roger Waters Live Last Night in Glendale,AZ

My first concert in a while. Last was Sia. 

Roger has a message for his audience

that comes with the music. Somewhat off-putting

I must say. I went for music not politics. Not saying

I totally disagree with his. F-bombs galore. All our presidents

past and current are mass murderers. Could be a bit strong.

He is 79 and British.  Has some fun stories. I can live without

the other messages though. Is this messaging common nowadays?

128x128jeffseight

@idigmusic64

I haven’t, but I mean to listen to Animals in the near future.

For some reason I’ve laboured under the impression it was recorded in between Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Dark Side of the Moon. That initial post Barrett period is not my favourite.

In fact I only recently found out that Animals was released in 1977,
and there’s also a new 2018 remix released with an updated sleeve.

The only other Floyd albums, apart from a couple of compilations, that I’m familiar with are Wish You Were Here, The Wall, A Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell. I think I’ve heard The Final Cut but if I have, it’s left very little lasting impression.

Anyway maybe I’ll give Animals a spin next week. I’ve been busy listening to another ’missed’ album this week, Ian Dury’s ’New Boots and Panties!!’ which was also released in 1977.

@idigmusic64 - Animals is actually a good album, and perhaps in some ways a transition or bridge album from Wish You Where Here to The Wall. While everyone has their favorites it is hard to go wrong with the Meddle to The Wall period and the last two; A Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell. 

Earlier albums are good as well. I will not criticize The Final Cut but it really did not grab my attention but you might like it. Some listeners tend to feel it is more like Rodger Watters first solo album.

While you are at it check out David Gilmour's  solo efforts as well. They have a good deal to offer.

In any case, Animals is worth while and you might as well start with the most resent release.