Simplest Linear PSU?

Which linear power supplies can you recommend that have the least amount of miniaturized SMD and semiconductor nonsense?

I wish Audionote made a stand alone PSU. I know Weiss does, it looks good, but pricey. Looking for something simple already made to DIY with.

thanks in advance!!

clustrocasual

i would concur that teradak in china builds excellent, low cost lps's.... not blingy, but quiet, clean reliable dc power...

Thanks. Teradak looks interesting. I’ve found that, being able to upgrade every component around a transformer can yield better results than a great transformer with a lot of junk around it.

I read the audiobacon article a while back, but almost every brand he mentioned had stopped producing during covid. Maybe those brands are back in action.

Don’t be too critical of SMD. For semiconductor devices, the exact same dies are available in old fashioned THT and SMD. Difference: packaging. Packaging may affect heat rating, but for power applications you will find the devices are THT. In many cases newer devices with better performance are ONLY available in SMD.

Look more deeply.

As noted, if you understand the stuff, build your own. I do and they outperform pretty much anything you can afford to buy.

I'll also take issue with "simplest" implying that simpler is better. The best are not that simple. Mine are not that simple.  I use combinations of active and passive noise elimination.  Simpler would be nisier.

I really like sola Linear PS which can be had on ebay for a song for things like NUC PS. For more critical stuff, Sparkos Labs have the best dead silent mostly assembled boards for DIY. Peace