Are the KEF Blade/Blade 2 Metas a Significant Upgrade from Blade?

I’ve enjoyed my KEF Blade 2 for over 5 years. Just wondering if anyone has compared the Blade/2 Metas to the original and how significant an upgrade in sound observed. With 65 yo ears improving on excellent is not always a sure thing. Thanks so much!

audiobrian

yyzsantabarbara:

I think both the Krell and Coda are great choices for KEF Reference and Blade models. I love my Coda 16.0/ Blade 2 setup.  I find it interesting that the dealer would not sell the original Blade at a discount and order a Blade Meta for himself.(Considering dealer cost is usually 50-55% MSRP on loudspeakers). Perhaps there was some attribute of the original Blade that appealed to him. 

@audiobrian He did say that he sometimes likes the old Blade more. I forgot the reason for that but I do know that the changes in the new Blade are right up my alley. Not that I have an issue with the old Blade.

The dealer confirmed to me that my KRELL DUO 175XD is really not powerful enough for the Blade. As did the old COO of KRELL. So I am putting up my 175XD up for sale tonight. 

I wouldn't count out the Krell without trying it. I think the Michi would be sonically inferior to your Krell and the blades are surprisingly efficient, specifically with most full range speakers if my amp isn't strong enough I hear it as a lack of balance in the bass, not so with the blades.