Esoteric P5/D5 Opinions please

Hi
I'm just wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to listen to the above combo? How does it sound compared to the other models in the Esoteric range, like the X03se? or the X01D2?
cmk
Yesterday I tried using the iLink(Firewire) cable link between the P5D5 and it sounds pretty analog, smooth to me. This isn't some "audiophile" approved item, just a cheap computer cable from the electronics store. Quite surprised/impressed by the sound I'm getting from it. With the remote on the D5 turned on, I can also switch between digital cables on the fly. Quite cool.

I'll let it run a bit more before reporting on how it compares with the dual XLRs.
cmk, you can switch between inputs from the remote???? I did not know you can do this. Can you explain how you do this?
Tboooe, yes you can!
On the D5 under setup: set RC > Enable
On the P3 under setup: iLink > PCM, XLR > DUAL
Word set to 100khz
Then you can use the remote's "INPUT " to toggle between the inputs on the D5.

A word of caution: I tried to use another iLink cable and it didn't quite work. You have to use a good quality(make sure its S400 compatible) iLink cable in order for the 2 units to handshake. Also with the units set to send the WORD data, it takes longer for the WORD to light up/lock on.