Field coil dava cartridge

I have been hearing great things about the dava field coil cartridge with the tube power supply. I am only able to read a few reviews on them. The reviews seem all positive and the designer Darius seems to be a very approachable person . I would like to hear opinions on the strengths and weaknesses of the cartridge. Especially comparison with the Lyra atlas sl which is my current cartridge.

thanks in advance.

newtoncr

I did hear good music. You simply proceeded to make too many assumptions. I wont bite. 

I normally don't post much on the Gon (no particular reason just not used to it), but Raul messaged me on my zero distortion blog and pointed me to this thread. reading the thread he already seems to have taken one of my statements out of context (DaVa ticks most of the boxes) and dismissed me as having heard the frequency response anomaly and not realized it. 

In his message he pointed out that CS Port is an LT and so will be different. There was no mention there that the Etsuro was also on the NVS with a pivot. (nor did he take into account that I have recently, over the past few months, written more on linear trackers than anyone/most on other forums, including a detailed write up on my blog on Vyger). 

He did not take into account my previous exposure with DaVa. Also, there is a detailed thread on WBF from other users if you want other data points

From what I understand Raul likes Allaerts. I do too. Great cart. DaVa is better. Raul in this thread recommended another user the Top Wing Blue Dragon. The top wing red sparrow, when done right, is my favorite cart along with the DaVa, but it usually sounds wrong in many systems, and after trying various arms, we only found it to sing with linear trackers (Vyger and Bergmann) consistently. Schroder CB, SME V, SME 3012r, Vertere, did not work well with it making it sound thin and lacking midbass. There are good reports from other users on Thales Statement. The only pivot I have heard a positive report on is Graham, but Thales and Graham I have not heard myself. Fremer's review on the SAT summarizes the attributes pretty well, and the review mentions it will not work with certain phonos. Moreover, it works for acoustic music mainly (which is fine for me) but DaVa works for all. 

Finally, the cost to experiment - to buy DaVa and to sell it off if it does not work for you, is the best equation across cartridges.   

@bonzo75 

thanks for your input . I have ordered the dava. ETA around feb/mar 2023.

will be mounted  on a Durand tosca tonearm on a nvs reference table and will be playing alongside a Lyra atlas lambda sl on a kuzma 4 point 11” with Kondo silver cable and an ortofon verisimo on a sme v arm on a sme 30 table .

should be fun listening to diff flavors .

FYI your write up was very engaging and I was never distracted from what you had to convey .

Great to hear, Newton.

will be good to see how it compares to the Lambda as that is the first Lyra cart I liked (Olympos is also good but Lamda more extended).

Will be good to hear your findings

interesting that you have Kondo silver cable which is what the Kondo arm does with SME. I mentioned in my Sigma MAAT report a guy who regularly changes his tone arm cable to Kondo in SME arms

Post removed