Ordered a Willsenton R300

Everything I have read about this 300b tube amp has been very positive, particularly Steve Huff's review on his website.  I have always thought I would love the sound of 300b tubes and this is my chance to get one for a very modest price.  It ought to drive my Spatial Audio M4 Triode Masters very nicely.  I will report back my impressions of the amp when it is fully revealed to me. 

whitestix

@donsachs

Well said. Two 300b amplifiers with different objectives in mind and yet each can be successfully executed and reach their targeted goal respectively.

Charles

The 300b project is not a commercial product now.  It may be next year in partnership with someone, but it is not my place to do business here at all.  Not appropriate.  I am sorry, but I stopped modding gear or working on vintage gear maybe 4 or 5 years ago.  Just no time or desire.  If I didn't build it, then I no longer touch it nor look at it.....  Just too many other projects.  

Ok thanks Don, appreciate the comments.  Are you still selling new gear through your website?

I just keep wait lists for what I build and you can email though the site.  Only preamps and phonos now though. 

Does anyone know if the R300 uses any negative feedback?

Great to hear Don is developing a 300b amp. I'm very interested in this amp and hope it comes to market.

Decware is also developing a 300b amp. I put a deposit on one but might be a few years. 

I was informed that the amp would arrive at the end of November, but it actually showed up today!  I have it connected to my Gallo Strada's playing an FM jazz station.  The amp is a heavy beast and the fit and finish seems first rate, particularly at this price point; it looks just beautiful. The pots turn with a firm ease.  It has 4, 8 and 16 ohm taps.  It was double-packaged with good foam around it.  It comes with very good instructions.

Right out of the box, I was enveloped with a warm and luscious sound with a sweet sense of immediacy to the music.  Now I will admit that I have liked most amps I have owned, but moved up or sideways from them.  However, this is exactly the sound I was hoping for so perhaps I am hearing what I seek to hear.  It likely needs plenty of hours to run in, but rarely have I heard brand new amps sound this good right out of the box.  This doesn't sound like my Wells Audio Immorata SS amp or Don Sachs' tube amp at all... such a nice midrange and warm sound.  More in due time.