Ordered a Willsenton R300

Everything I have read about this 300b tube amp has been very positive, particularly Steve Huff's review on his website.  I have always thought I would love the sound of 300b tubes and this is my chance to get one for a very modest price.  It ought to drive my Spatial Audio M4 Triode Masters very nicely.  I will report back my impressions of the amp when it is fully revealed to me. 

whitestix

@donsachs

Thanks for the additional clarification. Push-pull topology, that explains the 27 watt power output from the 300b (4 of them). Zero negative feedback is a purist approach and I mean this in a very positive manner. Sounds like you and the esteemed Lynn Olson are developing something quite special.

Charles

I’m also interested in hearing feedback on the R300. Interesting to see dual mono rectifiers at this price. My gut is not to trust a directly hearted triode without him puts - unless they are there but not described. Hard to fault an amp if it sounds good and costs less than a tube change. 

@zazouswing 

My gut is not to trust a directly hearted triode without him puts 

What do you mean?

Charles

I meant hum pots. Damn spell check  

“Hum balance pots are usually found with filament type tubes being operated off AC. AC on one pin is in opposite polarity of the other filament lead. The hum balance pot adjusts to a point where it cancels.  

Some used a center tapped resistor rather than pot. This works but not all tubes are exactly the same. The pot can adjust for differences”

Depends on how they are doing the DHT filaments.   I use regulated DC and they may well have DC filaments?