Roger Waters Live Last Night in Glendale,AZ

My first concert in a while. Last was Sia. 

Roger has a message for his audience

that comes with the music. Somewhat off-putting

I must say. I went for music not politics. Not saying

I totally disagree with his. F-bombs galore. All our presidents

past and current are mass murderers. Could be a bit strong.

He is 79 and British.  Has some fun stories. I can live without

the other messages though. Is this messaging common nowadays?

128x128jeffseight

Roger did have a disclaimer before every gig if you don't care for his rants then f*** off to the bar. For years you know what you're getting from a Waters concert. Great music and political whine. FZappa was the same way. Still love the talent.

So you had no problem with the off handed and overblown BLM comments? They had nothing to do with the Waters controversy. Why, oh why is it that those who protest the critiques of the right take umbrage but when it comes to the center and left feel perfectly fine with it, and ride their high horses off into the sunset?

Those are the folks who are the problem and not part of the solution.

All the best,
Nonoise

tunefuldude:  

I should come as no surprise that a forum based on at home reproduction of artists expression would deteriorate into people insulting artists and other forum posters while hiding behind a keyboard. 

The original point to this thread was about an artist whose work became part of modern culture. The work itself is a strong anti war and strong political statement. 

No surprise that his message was missed.

I am all about Anti-War protests. Not what the performance I attended was about.

What I saw was all about

"Sh-t on the USA".

We (US) are Mass Murderers.

@jeffseight     I think your point is very valid. And the discussion also positive.

I would, personally, like to see more, especially more of the key players around here calling out the negative bee ess!

I’m sure some of the other members who enjoy this forum for what it is would appreciate it also.

Shining light on weak stuff like that, especially in a format like this where some folks tend to hide behind their keyboards, as you say, has a tendency to work as a disinfectant.

When they get called out for being the p#$$#@s they are.