Thoughts about the "Cheapaudioman" on YouTube

This gentleman has stirred up some controversy in the audio world over on YouTube. I personally, find him very interesting.  What are your thoughts?

mr_m

@pedroeb "I consider Youtube reviews to be irrelevant opinionated egotistical jackass garbage."

Hm, but I guess your opinion here is stellar.

And, btw, Amir is all over YouTube as well... thus, so much for your theory.  lol.  

I like Randy. I don't agree with everything he says, but if I did, I wouldn't have any reason to watch him. I like how most of the stuff he reviews is more affordable even though I may have more expensive stuff in some cases. Sometimes I am curious about lower priced stuff out of curiosity to see what is out there. I like other reviewers on YouTube also, but I can only handle so many reviews of items that I might not ever even be able to be in the same room with never mind purchase. One day, maybe, but with two kids at home right now, I gotta keep things reasonable.

Randy is fun to watch, I like him as more audio tongue in cheek entertainment, and I do watch a good deal of his videos. He’s kind of like my "Scrubs" of audio review shows. He’s a guilty pleasure that I do find humorous value in, and I know has an honest and genuine love of HiFi.

He’s not the first source that I go to when seriously considering equipment. I have however recently purchased my first product that he has reviewed himself personally. More coincidence than anything else, but now I can at least say I own something that he has given his opinion on, and I for the most part disagreed with him on it (Schiit Aegir vs Vidar). Maybe because I went the mono route with the Aegir, but I digress...

Again I like Randy... He’s great for people on a <$500 budget and I’m most impressed by his wealth of product reviews and his near encyclopedic memory when it comes to specs and speakers and such.

Also love when his kids come in and mess up his videos.

I think most of the people on this site have never heard cheap audio. If you had, you would be shocked at how good "mid-fi" has gotten in the last 20 years