Audio Science Review = "The better the measurement, the better the sound" philosophy

"Audiophiles are Snobs"  Youtube features an idiot!  He states, with no equivocation,  that $5,000 and $10,000 speakers sound equally good and a $500 and $5,000 integrated amp sound equally good.  He is either deaf or a liar or both! 

There is a site filled with posters like him called Audio Science Review.  If a reasonable person posts, they immediately tear him down, using selected words and/or sentences from the reasonable poster as100% proof that the audiophile is dumb and stupid with his money. They also occasionally state that the high end audio equipment/cable/tweak sellers are criminals who commit fraud on the public.  They often state that if something scientifically measures better, then it sounds better.   They give no credence to unmeasurable sound factors like PRAT and Ambiance.   Some of the posters music choices range from rap to hip hop and anything pop oriented created in the past from 1995.  

Have any of audiogon (or any other reasonable audio forum site) posters encountered this horrible group of miscreants?  

fleschler

@amir_asr , I saw the pic of your system, can you comment on why you chose those speakers? I know they must measure nice but a lot of speakers measure nice. Why those? Are you here to discuss audio or throw rocks at the OP like a "miscreant"?

My first post, so feel free to attack me. As a new member, all I see is a bunch of irate people desperately trying to defend their investment in suboptimal equipment by claiming that they are somehow gifted  in their hearing, but without the balls to actually put that to a blind test. Indeed they seem so insecure in their own beliefs that they respond with vitriol and illogic when challenged. 

Now maybe not all of you are like that. I hope so. But please, those people, come forward and say so. 

@tonywinga 

Danny, a real audio and measurement guy tests and tears down speakers costing thousands of dollars and shows us the low cost parts inside. 

He does with the clear aim of making a ton of money from you.  He claims to have upgraded this and that part.  While he measures the speaker, he refuses to provide any measurements showing these upgrades have any value in this regard. He also does NOT listen to any upgraded speaker.  He claims "he just knows" it makes the sound better.  I am sure.... Someone said to follow the money.  I said you are not and here is perfect proof of it.

Why not be more critical of company's claims when they are trying to sell you something?  Why not hold them to a high standard of proof?  Danny says it with that charming southern accent so must be true?

The kits he sells are hugely overpriced. None of his DIY solutions are competitive. By the time you waste all that money on his upgraded parts, you could get far better performing speakers across the board.

I tested his GLK 2.0 which was absolutely terrible even though it has all those upgraded parts: 

Really, if you are into hero worshipping and appeal to authority instead of facts and knowledge, we don't have much to talk about.

@tonywinga , we have a lot to talk about, Danny is amazing, and he and @amir_asr apparently had a falling out, take his reply in context.