Audio Science Review = "The better the measurement, the better the sound" philosophy

"Audiophiles are Snobs"  Youtube features an idiot!  He states, with no equivocation,  that $5,000 and $10,000 speakers sound equally good and a $500 and $5,000 integrated amp sound equally good.  He is either deaf or a liar or both! 

There is a site filled with posters like him called Audio Science Review.  If a reasonable person posts, they immediately tear him down, using selected words and/or sentences from the reasonable poster as100% proof that the audiophile is dumb and stupid with his money. They also occasionally state that the high end audio equipment/cable/tweak sellers are criminals who commit fraud on the public.  They often state that if something scientifically measures better, then it sounds better.   They give no credence to unmeasurable sound factors like PRAT and Ambiance.   Some of the posters music choices range from rap to hip hop and anything pop oriented created in the past from 1995.  

Have any of audiogon (or any other reasonable audio forum site) posters encountered this horrible group of miscreants?  

fleschler

@noske ,

You don’t know?

Juanmanuelfangioli is the former earlflynn.

You know, the guy who was banned for all his childish taunting and vulgarity...

Wow the Gwyneth Paltrow candles are circling. 

Bunch of vag's especially carp boy. Keep trying to tag me with this earroll guy.

Lame and lamer. 

I didn't know Amir previously worked for Harmon Kardon.  Maybe that has influenced his preference for Revel speakers?   Well personal integrity is something I do find a problem with considering his retail sales interest in promoting products he measures well while chastising so many other products he has never heard, especially anything he considers too expensive and snake oil.  

I don't like the @juanmanuelfangioii and @noske verbal attacks on each other.  I see points of each.  Chi-fi is both derogatory and a commonly used term.   CCP manufactured products currently provide a broad range of audio products from really cheap to excellent in quality.   My qualm with Chinese made audio are the parts used are generally not of audio quality but of electronic/computer grade.  Designs are often excellent.  I have heard many Chinese made audio equipment and have found some very good products at very competitive prices.  I rather purchase excellent quality used non CCP made audio gear than the typical CCP gear at the same new prices.  Many top audio manufacturers now design in Western countries and have Chinese build the products. 

And you should as I am not Errol but I hope you find him as you are endeared to him or her.