Audio Science Review = "The better the measurement, the better the sound" philosophy

"Audiophiles are Snobs"  Youtube features an idiot!  He states, with no equivocation,  that $5,000 and $10,000 speakers sound equally good and a $500 and $5,000 integrated amp sound equally good.  He is either deaf or a liar or both! 

There is a site filled with posters like him called Audio Science Review.  If a reasonable person posts, they immediately tear him down, using selected words and/or sentences from the reasonable poster as100% proof that the audiophile is dumb and stupid with his money. They also occasionally state that the high end audio equipment/cable/tweak sellers are criminals who commit fraud on the public.  They often state that if something scientifically measures better, then it sounds better.   They give no credence to unmeasurable sound factors like PRAT and Ambiance.   Some of the posters music choices range from rap to hip hop and anything pop oriented created in the past from 1995.  

Have any of audiogon (or any other reasonable audio forum site) posters encountered this horrible group of miscreants?  

fleschler

@juanmanuelfangioii indeed. I could do it if I had no other choice…but luckily that isn’t the case. I just wish @quiet would finish cutting my lawn prior to engaging in an online flame war with the adults. 

@juanmanuelfangioii I will but not until he finished his yard work, does his homework, takes out the garbage and flosses his braces.

@rtorchia you said
Anyhow, I hope readers of this thread will approach ASR with an open mind and draw their own conclusions. Ours is a great hobby and there’s plenty of room for different perspectives.

ASR is a pay to play website. The members proudly display their "donor" badges like medals. They are even ranked by how much scratch they cough up. Now imagine an "open minded" poster goes their and posts valid metrics that don’t support Amir. ASR can’t let their cash flow source know that the what they bought and paid for (which they proudly display) is nothing more than one opinion of many, many, many which are very different. Ask those members to think for themselves, listen to new equipment in their own room, send it back if it don’t cut it and make a decision? Without ASR to tell them what to do? oh, the horror. Try posting anything like that and you get instant ban, no rhyme or reason other than to keep the paying members isolated and on the kool aid of Amir wagon train.