What was the last CD you bought (Name, and year issued)?

Like to see and get some recommendations for recent music on CDs.

My last CD bought: RY X (with Olafur Arnalds) - Blood Moon - 2022, Infecious label

Arriving soon: Antennah-Sparkle. 2022, 2020Editions label (Stefano Guzzetti label)

128x128arthur1954

I buy a lot of my CDs from thriftstores these days ... hey, for a buck or two I can find and try some stuff that I wouldn’t have perhaps thought of or sprung for otherwise.

Recently I picked up my first ever Celine Dion CD...!!! Falling Into You. and, I actually like it, especially for $1.50. It’s long, well-engineered, obviously the voice is amazing that’s why she’s famous after all, and I do like most of the music on it. I surprised myself with that one, for sure.

Same day, same price, also picked up Elton John’s Made In England... and amazingly, I like that one too! Like the Dion, maybe not something I’d fret over and analyze with the lights out, lol, but hey for background in the house while I’m doing other things, working in the kitchen or organizing my taxes receipts, pretty nice.

(I like both of those better than the remastered Fleetwood Mac "best of" 2 CD set that I paid full price for! I much prefer the original FM albums, non-remastered.)

On that same day, same price, I also picked up some amazing classical CDs:

- Kathleen Battle Sings Mozart, w Andre Previn conduct. Royal Philharmonic (EMI)

- a 2-disc set Vladimir Ashkenazy: Rachmaninov Piano Concertos (London)

- Van Cliburn playing Grieg and Liszt, w Eugene Ormandy cond. Philadelphia Orchestra (RCA)

- Cecilia Bartoli A Portrait, excerpts, sort of a greatest hits kinda, (London)

Just bought “The Kenny Rankin Album” on eBay for five bucks.  None of the streaming services have it.