Rebadging of Streaming Platforms

So I was reading some Q&A from an audio reviewer last night in which he mentioned that most audio streamers are just rebadged platforms from one or two vendors (I'm talking just the streaming portion of any unit, not the DAC).  I have had more than one dealer tell me the same thing.  So my question for anyone who knows is who actually makes these one or two platforms?  Or conversely, who actually makes their own streamers?  I going out on a limb and am guessing that Sonore may be one who "makes their own" but was hoping some one else had the actual answers.

badgerdms

So there you have it.. believe in what you see and what the majority say or blow stupid money for blind bragging rights. Winner winner chicken dinner.  

Cheers

1971, so true. Take the plate amp in a Wilson sub. People think the more $ you throw at hifi the better the system.  If you have a Great room and quality music you're ahead of the game, not chasing it.

+1 ghdprentice  - Better quality streamers or CD transports make a significant improvement on SQ , and none sound the same

And then we have differences in music players and OS to add even more variables. Linux based may be unique and the music players certainly are proprietary. Streamer I just purchased runs Euphony OS, certainly proprietary, Stylus player, also proprietary.

For one to believe streamers all sound the same is preposterous. Totally ignores wide variability in parts, implementation, OS and players. I guess all those reporting and hearing differences are delusional, hilarious. 

And we haven't even gotten to the network, how about a ton more variables.

@ghdprentice It's obvious that you actually have no idea what I think, just jumping to all kinds of conclusions.  No need to jump on the bits is bits defense, I don't think that at all.

I do think I would be much more likely to spend money on a DAC (up to a point) than the streamer.  I have heard differences, but interestingly they seem much harder to pick out the higher you go up the food chain (to me).  I asked a pretty simple question--one that I have had more than one dealer tell me, and no one actually seems to know--which I find interesting.  

I would be interested in demoing an Auralic Aries G2.1, the Sonore Ultimate Rendu and the Innuous Zenith MkIII (which I already own) against one another once my DAC arrives next month.  No way I'm heading north of those on a streamer though, I'll leave that for you.