Power Cables - Stock vs. Budget

Considering upgrading my stock power cords, but my budget is limited to the $150 - $175 range (4' minimum) per cord. At that price level, will I notice any real discernable difference?  Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

gnoworyta

Get one cable, the best you can afford and put it on your amp. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Is your home wired with $2/foot romex?  Don’t mean to be a killjoy, but why is the piece of wire carrying the current the last 6 feet expected to somehow improve upon what it was fed from the street? Perhaps you have a really nice high end power conditioner?  I suppose that could make sense. 

Chocaholic, water filters are placed right before the faucet. Good cables are placed right before your equipment. It is the first piece of wire feeding your system.

Do you want to know more? I can post a video if you want but it might be better in a new thread. 

many, many threads on the Romex issue, surprised it took so long for someone to mention it...intuitively it seems to make sense, but reality seems to say otherwise...