Bookshelf speakers that renders 3D soundstage

Recently I am on a quest to find a pair of bookshelf speakers under $2k that will render 3D soundstage.  The soundstage does not need to be much wider than the speakers that are approximately 7-8 ft apart but, within the soundstage, I am particularly looking for the decent depth, focus image and pinpoint instrument/vocal separation.  The other sound trait I am particularly looking for is the nimble, agile bass that could go down to around 45 Hz -3dB.  The pairing amplification is going to be Parasound A23.  If you have experienced / auditioned that, please let me know.

lanx0003

Have you tried real speaker stands?

Your last posted a pic with your speakers placed upon oversized side tables.

I use inexpensive Polk RT15i's ($13.50 thrift shop find - maybe $200 retail) in a mini system and when well positioned on decent stands they throw a huge/3D soundstage.

Same with Roger's LS3/5A, Braun L200/L300, Castle Isis, and Reynaud Twins MkII (again with decent stands/placement).

My rule of thumb (aside from ideal/best placement achieved through trial and error) is that the top plate of the stand be no larger than the bottom of the speaker.

Looking @ my list I have not owned very many stand mount speakers considering that I started using them in 1978.

I started out with thin concrete pillars (cement blocks were too large) for the Rogers (replaced later with Rogers AB1's), adjustable cymbal stands for the Brauns, Target HR stands for the Reynaud's and cheap (the name plates fell off - Anaconda?) stands for the Castle/Polk's.

All of the above speakers sounded 2D when placed on bookshelves or table/cabinet tops.

DeKay

I wouldn't discount the KEF LS50 Meta.  Paired with 1 or 2 subs will create what you are looking for.  Alone they won't go low enough; at least not for my tastes.

DeKay, yes, I remember you had made such a comment.  If you look at my posting one more time, Evo sitting on the current wide end table has already throws good SS.  I just desire more bass and dynamics.  Nevertheless, It is no harm to try and I am more likely to try this time.  Maybe the smaller top plate will help achieve even more / better SS.  On the flip side, I just do not feel easy to have my possession sit on small footage and fell incidentally.  But I will apply blue tac to better secure it.  Thank you for the reminder again.

Yes, I use BT (little pea sized balls squished down) and it really holds.

I remembered the name of the "cheap" stands (Atacama) and it looks like they are not so inexpensive.

Thought they were because a local shop sold me a pair of demos for $80, or so.

There was a good thread on speakers stands maybe 6 months ago. 

I listened to a little pair of Sonus Faber's ($1200 I think) last month.

Liked the sound, but they would require a sub in our living room.

Didn't like the leather wrap or the contrasting metal trim around the drivers, so still looking.

DeKay

Post removed