Using battery power to go off the City's power grid

I'm using a Bluetti AC200MAX 2,200 watt expandable power station to take my system off the city's power grid.  It runs off a lithium ion phosphate battery with a 4,800 watt pure sine wave inverter. My total system only takes about 450 watts so I have never heard the fan kick on - it is totally silent. The music comes from a completely black background, with a huge soundstage that sounds very natural. I know that Ric Schultz has talked about these types of setups and there is a very expensive Stromtank battery system that is marketed to audiophiles. Anyone else tried this type of setup in their audio system?

Here is a link to a review:

128x128sbayne

A few months back I wanted to see if I could replace my Shunyata Everest/Omega XC combo with an Ecoflow Delta Pro inverter/battery.  The answer I found was no but I took the opportunity to also test the Shunyata gear WITH the Ecoflow together.  I connected the Shunyata hear to the Ecoflow's 30A RV receptacle using an adapter.  The Everest is 30A rated.   The results were eye opening. The clarity and the details gained in the highs alone were nothing like I've ever experienced.  Usually when I listen to music, I listen to the mids and the lows and I listen to the highs third. But such a large veil was lifted from the highs that I found myself focused on it and enjoying all the new nuances I never heard before.  At last, this setup didn't last because the Ecoflow's fan was too loud so I returned it and I sold the Shunyata gear for funds. The music has not been that good since.

Since that time, I've bought the Bluetti AC300/B300 (no fan noise) and last week I installed the Puritan PSM1512 conditioner along with the Puritan Routemaster and two Puritan Groundmasters.  I haven't had alot of time with this current setup but initial results are fun to say the least.  I need more time to see if things are better than the Ecoflow/Shunyata combo. 

However, I'm not staying still and I've already ordered the Giandel 5000 and the Amperetime battery and charger.  My new setup will be very similar to the user oeno from the other forum.  Knowing what I know now, I would've gone with this setup before buying the Ecoflow and the Bluetti especially considering the price and potential performance. 

I just showed up because of something I recently was read into. Which is very important to this discussion. "Or shall be shortly".

So if you are on the edge and about to make an investment in this type of gear?

You "may" want to hold off for a few months...

Seriously!

And everyone here will know what I am talking about when it happens....

It is just that big.

Once "Released".

But I cannot say anything at this time.

Anyways, Have any of you noticed just how nifty

those new "Solid State" computer hard- drives are for PC's?

Simply '"amazing" aren't they?!

Yeah that "solid state" hard-drive tech will change everything! 

(Now I can sleep)

sirnui,

Did you connect your Shunyata to the single 30A RV output of the Ecoflow, and then your components to the multiple outlets of the Shunyata? As I understand it, this is the analogous sequence used by ricevs’ friend Oeno, with the Giandel supplying the pure AC to the Puritan filter, and the components being driven by the Puritan filter. The Giandel is like the Ecoflow, and the Puritan is like the Shunyata.

Thanks for your report. I look forward to your Amperetime=>Giandel=>Shunyata experience. I like my Shunyata Denali 6000 alone, which extends HF in particular, but also tightens the lower freq.

The analogy is correct and your statement regarding all the connections are also correct.  Power conditioners like the Shunyata and the Puritan can and in my experience do benefit from an inverter/battery that sits upstream.  It could be because of the cleaner AC or electrical isolation but I'm not 100% sure.  So that's why I demo and listen.  I don't like to just wonder if something is good or not. Part of the fun for me in this hobby is to try and experience various audio gears. It's all about the experience for me.  

The Amperetime battery and charger and the Giandel inverter arrived over the weekend.  Now I'm just waiting for the battery cables to arrive and then I can hook up everything and demo.  The AC adapter I made previously for the 30A RV connection has been modified and will now connect to the AC terminal block of the Giandel. Like oeno, I don't simply connect the Shunyata/Puritan to the 15A or 20A outlet.  We utilize the 30A+ outlets. 

One correction I want to make. I no longer have the Shunyata Everest/Omega XC combo. I now have the Puritan PSM1512 conditioner with Ultimate power cable.

My near term goal is to get back to the performance level when I had the Ecoflow and Shunyata combo. I'm not there yet with the Bluetti and Puritan combo but I'm hoping the Giandel and Puritan combo can get me there or even top it. 

Terrific!  I had thought the Giandel just has standard 15A outlets.  I doubt that a 30A outlet would be better for sound quality, although it will enable higher power demands.  Adapters can degrade the sound, so plugging the Puritan with the Ultimate power cable directly into the 15A outlet of the Giandel should be the purest way.  I would be incorrect if the Ultimate cable already has a 30A male connector.

My Shunyata 6000 is plugged into the 15A wall outlet, will much more clarity and HF extension than no Shunyata.  I am not interested in high power.  Most of my music only requires low power, with occasional peaks.  Clarity and resolution are appreciated mainly at low power.  That's why high quality class AB amps offer  class A operation at low power, and then AB when high power is required.  The ear is most discriminating at low power.

In any case, you can try the 15A and the 30A outlets on the Giandel, and see if there is a difference.