Rogue pharaoh II or Cronus Magnum III ?

Hi,  I have heard the Pharaoh but never the Magnum III.

I liked but I read very good reviews of the Magnum III.

I have JBL L100 Classic 90db. Any recomendation ?  I am looking for an integrated to reduce my system

matias1979

This is a Solid State, Class D Amp at 250 watts - 8 ohms / 400 watts - 4 ohms. it produces strong highs. I should have stated if you like bright highs, matching the Pharaoh 2 with ribbon tweeters will be bright. Just be careful if you are sensitive to brightness.

To a large part, yes. However there are many articles you can google to see how power tubes and Solid State Amps control the "tone" of an amp's output.

@thecarpathian it all boils down to synergy between the components in the chain. I have a Pharaoh II and it sounds awesome with my Sf Olympica  Novo I with a silk dome tweeter. If I install my GoldenEar BRX with a Ribbon tweeter it is a bit on the bright side, not awful but brighter.

Need to match your components, and no matter what the amp is I will never own a Beryllium tweeter period. 

Hi ! finally received my Cronus M iii. I love it.

delicious and meaty mids.

the first hours I heard a little humm noise, it was just the central valve 12AU7 (stock jj).

I have had many amps in my life. mc275 V, mc275VI, Mc452, Pass Labs, Krell, but no one gets me into music like this one. the voices are real and they go forward. After a break in (I guess about 300 hours) i would like to try central 12au7.

I have 12ax7 Gold Lion and Tung Son gold pin for roll, the most significant is central 12au7 ?

I opened it to change terminals from 8ohms to 4 and I was surprised to see Mundorf oil caps 🤤 when I saw the internal circuit it reminded me of Audio Research. well welded and separated components, good size wires..

I feel like it has a lot of power. I could compare with 1,5 mc275. (a little less than dual 275) I think could drive any speaker to normal levels. im playing with L100Classic, im seeing Harbeth SHL5 but....i dont know,....sounds so good with these.......I just don’t want to turn off when I turn on