Wadia CD players direct to power amps opinions

Has anyone ever used a Wadia CD player without a pre amp? Connected directly to a power amp.

I am really more curious how it worked with a Tube amp?

Which model Wadia player did you use?
If so what is your opinion of it?
What amps did you use?
Speakers?
PC’s and interconnects?
How was the experience?
Detailed, noise, sound stage etc.

Thanks for your insight and I am looking for truly serious replies please.
vx700
I am thinking of trying a pre amp to see which I like better. But I hate to drop 3 to 4K to experiment but maybe if I do not think it is worth I would hope I could get my money back. I would prefer to stay in the Tube Class A family since that is how my amps are running and the Wadia is balanced
Vx700: out here in the other side of the pond - i can say i was among the very few who tried the Wadia Direct Link approach BACK IN THE EARLY 90s when the very first Wadia entered the shores of the Philippines.

I used the one-box Wadia 6 direct to various SS amps: Threshold Stasis, White Audio Lab, "another amp of Threshold DNA" @ bi-amp configuration, and finally via MF XA-200 + XA-50 BI-AMP - it was only with the WAL that the performance was crap BUT surprisingly, it was with the Musical Fidelity combo that the system gave it's best in my system.

I would still go for the same set had my W6 not died in 2004. I was ready to get a W17 to insert my turntable+phonostage and use the W6 as control BUT it did not have an input (and then it died a natural death).

Going without pre-amp has benefits but is not for everyone, and definitely, not for the casual testers or tweakers - no sir - you gotta decide that it is what you want to do because if you consider system synergy as important, with a Wadia Direct Connect, synergy IS AN ABSOLUTE... and that's not easy.

I would still go that route even if i am currently running an entirely tube system; problem is the Wadias are really very costly - but come to think of it: a 10-year lifespan for the lens on the W6 is not bad! not bad, really :-)

Test, listen, listen, listen.
no short-cuts.

Best wishes.
.e.
Hello Egay

I have been spending more and more time listening to the Wadia direct via my Audio Valve Challenger Mono Blocks (running 6 ea KT 88's) connected with a pr of MIT Shot Gun Magnum MA Balanced interconnects and the sound is so involving clean and deep. The sound stage is just like being there. I am pleased and not sure if I could bring myself to drop another $3800 + for a pre amp just to run the volume up and down. Even if I had another digital device or even an anaolog I still really do not need a pre amp. I am happy with this for now, to the point that I might just spend the cash on some tube rolling. I also have a Jungson 280 intergrated amp that runs 80watts class A I might try that and see which amp is better.