Atma-Sphere Class D… Amazing

Today I picked up my Atma-Sphere Class D Amps. These aren’t broken in yet. And they are simply amazing. I’ve listen to a lot of High End Class D. Some that cost many times what Atma-Sphere Class D costs. I wasn’t a fan of any of them. But these amps are amazing. I really expected to hate them. So my expectations were low. The Details are of what I’ve never heard from any other amps. They are extremely neutral. To say the realism is is extremely good is a gross understatement. They are so transparent it’s scary. These amps just grab you and suck you into the music. After I live with them some and get them broken in. And do some comparisons to some other high end Amps Solid State, Tubes and Class D’s, also in other systems I’ll do a more comprehensive review. But for now, these are simply amazing amps.. Congrats to Ralph and his team. You guys nailed on these.

128x128pstores
Post removed 

jerryg123,

There is just one verson of AGD (assuming you heard the latest 2nd version) and only one version of the Atmas.......but there are tons of versions of the Purifi based amps and they all sound different from each other. So, which version (which discrete op amp, which regulators, dual mono or single power supply, quality of output jacks, etc.) by what company did you hear? As I mentioned before you can read on 10 Audio.com that my modded $1600 Purifi based VTV amp was preferred greatly to a NAD amp with a stock Purifi......

There is also a newer higher powered module from Purifi that has been for sale for some months now and it is supposed to sound better than the original......yet, they both are PURIFI modules.......again, what did you hear?

@jerryg123 

wow best you have.

I tailor my reply to the intelligence and mental age of the recipient Jerry. Thus, when addressing rude and poorly educated people, I am limited in my replies lest they confuse things like "reply" and "retort".  I imagine this is frustrating for you but imagine how others must feel when they have to explain things over and over...

Post removed 

@rsf507 "So are people going to start talking about the sound of the Atmasphere amps?"

Unfortunately that ship long passed once Mr measurement decided to take over the thread.