NEED TO REPLACE OLD FAITHFUL- WHICH AMP. SHOUD I CHOOSE

27 Years ago I purchased a brand new Audio Research D400 Mk.2 Amplifier. 200 Watts per channel solid state. Last weekend the capacitors blew out. I talked to Greg at Audio Research and he told me they do not work on this model because of it's age and that parts are no longer available. I need to buy a new amp. I have an Audio Research Ref. 5 SE pre amp and use Dali Helicon 800 mk. 2 speakers that are 89.5 efficiency.

The list of amplifiers that I am considering are as follows.

Coda 16, McIntosh MC462, Aesthetix Atlas Stereo, 

On the tube side I am considering,

Zesto Audio Bia120,  VTL S120, Ayon Triton Evo Mono's and maybe Audio Research Reference 160S but that really stretches the budget.

Does anyone have any of these amps?  I would really appreciate your suggestions.  So far I kind of like the Coda 16

motorheadflash

I have a fully serviced Krell DUO XD 300 for sale here that would power your speakers easily and with the classic Krell linearity and headroom. Fyi, I’ve also had PassLabs, Luxman and currently have an ARC D240. But this Krell is a beauty. It’s with the tech who did the service in Philadelphia, if your interested, you are welcome to visit and listen.

Check out the BHK 250.  Great amp for the money, plenty of power, very quiet and nice expansive sound stage.  

As a matter of self interest I have a AGD Tempo for sale at The Music Room for $3850,.

Otherwise you should really try the Carver Crimson 275 and switch the tubes to Psvane KT88s and 12AX7 (Chinese, I know) if you like it with the stock TungSol KT 120s.  Ignore the naysayers on this amp!  You owe yourself a listen.

Also, recently came across the very cheap Micca 14ga speaker wire.  It will surprise you also.  Liked a single set and doubled it up to get even better results.

@johnread57: How do you compare the Pass amps to the Krell in terms of differences and similarities?