Any previous Wadia users?? Or did everyone move?

Hi,

I am playing with a Wadia 860x but am thinking of upgrading. An automatic option would be to buy the Wadia 581 with the GNSC mod. However I don't see many people using this player on the forum. I actually don't see many people using Wadia at all. Is there any reason for that? Did everyone switch or has Wadia never been popular? I see many people using the EMM-labs player (either one box or Transport/DAC) with great succes. Apparently an excellent player.

Does anyone can give their view why or why not they use Wadia and have eg EMM-Labs as alternative?

This might help me in making my decision.

Thanks
maxx1973
i cannot comment on the 581, but the EMM CDSA was, on the whole, a much better player than the 861se that i owned. the 861 had better build quality, better / deeper bass, and a false leading edge; the EMM was far more detailed, better resolution / staging, more organic tone. i'll cover this in my review on dagogo.com, pub 11/1.

i would *love* to hear the 581, as the EMM is not a perfect player, regardless of what anyone says. ---nothing is.
The reason Wadia is offering the update to the 581 is because of a new and improved digital component that improves the way the signal is decoded ( I also forgot the name of the damn thing !!). I heard the latest 9 series that had the same update ( Wilson Grand speaker w/Karan 450 amp along with a Wadia 270 se w/Virtual Dynamics tweaking and cables and Sistrum 101's). It had info coming from everywhere and according to J. Shaffer it takes 2 months for the Wadia 9's to reach full potential sonically. I do know that Wadia feels that this is a major leap in the digital realm for the way information is timed and decoded. I hope this helps -Dennis
Oh yeah,
it is a current converter that is causing a stir with Wadia. R.Shultz says that the 581 SE is quite an improvement and gets some of the best leading edge dynamics that he has heard.Mr Shultz was so impressed that he sent his 9Series away for the latest upgrade from Wadia.Take care Dennis
I am have 581i I have shiper back Wadia (Mr john.Schaffer) upgrade for me, I get back a 3 week ago I have listened very carefully,581se retains the high frepuency extension and supper detail,I have a DCS P8i and Emm labs for company production labs room now I am had setup 581se for my master labs room play with N32 preamp Pass labs 1000.5 and Mttlabs speakers $152.000.00 a pair.
Mr,John Schaffer
I am would be appreciated you done 581se

Michael,N L