Just got a new Bluesound Node. Very disappointed!

I got the BSN to run to my NAD M51 DAC and everything sound like the treble has been turned up +10db. The bass is also weak. I use Qobuz and Tidal and both sound the exact same way. I can listen to cd’s  is my Oppo of the same music with no problem. 

what gives, is it really this bad?

last_lemming

@lalitk I have no doubt the sound quality improved from the Node to the Lumin, put down your oscilloscope and actually listen for a change.  I experimented with a Node 2i, iFi Zen Stream and Innuos Zenith MkIII all into two different DACS and each combo sounded really obviously different.  

Post removed 

I will never understand attempting to describe, rate, or rank the sound of a streamer without any listing of the type, brand, and model of cable and listing the DAC. They are interdependent with the lowest common denominator being controlling. This all becomes pronounced when talking about intro-level streamers because the user will likely have a low-end cable and DAC too. So it is anyone's guess as to which component is most to blame if not two or all three. 

I would wager that with a top end DAC and cable the differences among streamers  becomes compressed.