Cambridge Audio 840C

I'm looking for a near-reference audio-only balanced CD Player. I briefly listened to the 840C in a store demo. and it sounded very good, but unfortunately I couldn't compare it to anything. Has anyone had a chance to compare the 840C to a good balanced CD Player such as the Esoteric SA-60 or SA-10, Ayre C-5xe or CX-7 or Krell SACD Standard?
sunset_ranch
My transport tray is very smooth as well.
I cannot figure out why my other thread was deleted.
I do know that I had nothing to do with it.
So how does the 840C compare to the Wadia mentioned a few posts above?

Also, how does it compare to the Naim C5i and the Rega Apollo?

Thanks!
I've got an 840C. I've actually posted about it on the missing thread, and this thread. Don't know why my posts have not shown up, or why the threads about the 840c go missing? Some other company trying to squelch the enthusiasm for this player?
Anyway, my drawer mechanism works well. I'm still burning in, so I haven't given myself the time for a critical listen, but the first impressions have been favorable...
Rolloff
wondering if this will post???
Hmm,
I just noticed a strange thing about my new player. Admittedly, I haven't scoured the few pages of the manual, nut does it contain any information about the display on the unit? I'm specifically looking for something that would tell me why it doesn't display the name of the CD or the names of the tracks..
My other older player does this...
Thanks
Rolloff