A rookie with 10K, seeking advise

I'm new to the HiFi world. I listen to a lot of female vocal and classical music. I like both digital and vinyl. I am using a pair of Wharfedale Linton heritage and PS Audio Stellar Strata. 

I know this is too broad a question, but with 10K budget, where can I wisely spend my money? I don't mind tubes and I don't mind used either.

Any advise is greatly appreciated!

llid2

Your Wharfdale Linton's are a very nice speaker in their price range so the question I would be asking is does your amp allow your speakers to fill your room with the volume and quality of sound that you enjoy?

The Strata is not a bad integrated and it appears to have sufficient power but if it is not properly driving the Linton's you could also have a problem going to a larger floor standing speaker.

The Ortofon Black is a very nice cartridge for you turntable also.

@soix ​​​​​@jjss49 Have been my go-to's for advice. Their comments should be taken most seriously.

@jasonbourne52 suggestion of Devore is very interesting, but if I had Devore's I'd really want to drive them with tube gear. 

@llid2,

I agree with @jasonbourne52 and ​​​​@stereo5 as I also wouldn’t spend 10K on power cords and conditioners. For improving AC power, I would recommend a dedicated 20 amp line for audio only. 😎

Mike

start with a loudspeaker upgrade the lintons are a great starter speaker  but do not have the resolution of a higher class of loudspeaker

the ps will drive most loudspeakers them you can shop for an even better amp

@david_ten It's easy to recommend better speakers. As long as you love looking into a dirty, unkempt room (in this specific case with everything else held static).

Take your Wharfedale speakers to any well executed system that is amp appropriate for the Wharfedales and you will be floored. Bring a top end speaker, regardless of spend (again amp appropriate) into your system...the results will speak for themselves.

In my opinion David’s earlier recommendation to address the quality of the AC power is both fundamentally wise and will establish a foundation for the entire audio system. 

1 Dedicated 20 amp AC line exclusively for audio use.

2 Good quality AC wall outlets.

3 Good quality AC isolation transformer/conditioner.

4 Quality well implemented cables to enhance/improve electrical and signal transmission.

A number of these essential items can be purchased used to further limit cost.

This will set in place a very crucial aspect of developing a splendid audio system. This can be successfully accomplished for well under 10K dollars. With this ground work done, one can expect to get the best performance from any subsequent component changes and upgrades. Address the fundamentals first.

Charles