Magico M9 a ton of weight and a million dollar price tag $750,000

The inner and outer layers of the body are made of carbon fiber, with a honeycomb aluminum core in between. The company sought to control the vibrations of the hull without storing energy in it. Magico's proprietary tension strut system, aircraft-grade aluminum front panel, and aerospace-grade damping are still there.

paulherry

asvjerry
Not sure about PVC foam and sheetrock but, That is why I put my tubes in a traditional box. People expect that. No, I don't charge that much for mine and don't expect to compare mine t those yet I wonder?
I have not heard any speakers in any kind of so-called High-End store that even comes close. Of course, Denver doesn't have much to offer in that realm. I have been designing since the mid 70's right after I got out of college for Electronic Eng. I have worked on the development of a few Well known models that I am not at liberty to name. I wish I had the knowledge and facilities to design my own drivers like some of the better ones, but we must leave the common name brand speaks off of that list as many of them use standard off-the-shelf drivers, as I do. And then there are things like the crossovers. I demand on using Ribbon Coils and won't even talk about wire coils which just about everyone uses. Then the caps, you are stuck with the market Status quo, and like with Mundorf you have what, about 20 different grades and each one has its own strong and weak points... And Mundorf isn't the only name in Caps. Audiophile caps
Some people are stuck with the generic musings of some $100K manufactured speaker where I can play with mine and have hours of fun reviewing note by note what a certain component sounds like. There are little things I do that might seem overkill, but like using brass hardware so that there is no possibly magnetic influence from steel (iron) in my boxes. What kind of WIre is used inside a BOX. I think it makes a difference. So yes I can understand the Obsession!
I wish I could just pop a photo up of my mains. Very simple 3 ways with only 8" bass. I don't pretend to be in the elite realm either, but also when I go to bed at night I seldom think about more than 3 words before I am out like a light. In other words, I live a VERY satisfied life.

If I won a huge lottery jackpot I think I would get the Living Voice Vox Olympians with the horn subs instead.  I get such good results with my modest DIY fully horn loaded triamplified speakers that I would love to hear what most folks concede to be the best horn speakers.

I read a ton of emotional reaction but nothing about how the speaker was designed or how well it works. I suspect none of the commentators have any real knowledge of either.

https://www.magicoaudio.com/news/magico-swings-for-the-fences-the-m9-loudspeaker-by-robert-harley

Ain't no cabinet like no cabinet. That goes for cartridge bodies too.

Eminent Technology LFT 8.

Eminent Technology LFT-8b Loudspeaker - The Absolute Sound