Roon to Datasat LS10

I have a Roon Nucleus Plus and I'm currently using an HDMI cable to send the sound to my Datasat LS10.  I'm not a fan of using an HDMI cable and for whatever reason using the USB output on the Roon does not work with the USB audio input on the Datasat.  So to clean everything up and get better sound I am considering two options.  

1. Bricasti M5 and connect the to the Datasat via Spidf

2. Bricasti M3 and connect to the Datasat with the analog inputs.  

I don't see the value in the M3 as everything is still going to go though the Datasat's DAC. 

Is my logic correct here?  

wheelndeal1099

Your logic is correct.  However an M5 may still be overkill.  Try the iFi streamer first.  It's a lot cheaper.

I would take a look at the LS10 manual before going much further though. This could be a setting issue.

Also, this may be an issue of making sure the LS10 is on before you turn on your Roon Nucleus.

There is some handshaking involved in USB (as well as HDMI) audio. If my DAC is off before I turn on my streamer it won’t ever be seen.  In my case it has to do with the Linux OS does a device scan on startup only.  Any audio devices attached after that process is completed won't make it to the device registry.

Thanks guys, I’ll see if it is a hand shake issue with the USB.  I have to turn on my Apple TV last or the HDMI will not hand shake properly and there will be no sound.