Using battery power to go off the City's power grid

I'm using a Bluetti AC200MAX 2,200 watt expandable power station to take my system off the city's power grid.  It runs off a lithium ion phosphate battery with a 4,800 watt pure sine wave inverter. My total system only takes about 450 watts so I have never heard the fan kick on - it is totally silent. The music comes from a completely black background, with a huge soundstage that sounds very natural. I know that Ric Schultz has talked about these types of setups and there is a very expensive Stromtank battery system that is marketed to audiophiles. Anyone else tried this type of setup in their audio system?

Here is a link to a review:

128x128sbayne

Viber and anyone/everyone else,

Why don’t you become the Inverter tester for the world. Buy the Bluetti, buy a 2000 watt Giandel, buy the 5000 watt Giandel and a couple of the 200 amp hour batteries.and a charger and OFC battery cables.....and do the tests on your system and let everyone in the world know......you can try the stock versus OFC cables, one versus two batteries....footers under the inverter, etc.

You can afford it. I bet you have that much on a credit card (maybe $4500 total?). Whatever you do not like, you return for a refund. I would do this.....but I have no credit/money......You have money....you can do this. Why are we always waiting for someone else to do things for us?......It’s way more fun to be on the leading edge.....be an explorer....have some fun.

The Bluetti does not give you access to full power on any outlet. The Giandel has a terminal block that you can hook up a Furutech outlet to, a power strip to or hardwire a cable or whatever for full output. The Giandel also allows unlimited power upgrades (as much battery as you want) and can use whatever battery you like including just trying it with a car battery......way more flexible.

Of course you can start small (for the toe dabblers).......just buy a 2000 watt Giandel for a lttle over $300 and hook it up to a car battery......if you like that then buy the 5000 watt Giandel and if that sounds better than return the 2000 watter......then get a single 200 amp hour LifePo4 battery and compare to your car battery......then try another battery......etc.......come on.....you know you want to try this.....yes, you do.

sbayne, thanks.

tksteingraber, thanks for sharing your great results with the Powerbright. Which and how much battery storage (amp hr) are you using with your unit?  I looked on their site, clicked on the user manual for their lower quality modified sine wave inverters.  It seems that even lower battery power can still be used with any inverter, although the inverter will not provide as much time of use.  The dimensions and weight of the Powerbright modified sine wave inverters resemble the pure sine wave inverters of Giandel.  Of course, your pure sine wave inverter is stated to produce the purest quality from Powerbright.

Perhaps the most attractive package is from Giandel, with their 5000 watt hr pure sine wave inverter, fed by two Amperetime 200 amp hr batteries, for $2800.  Next attractive is to save $800 and get one Amperetime battery.  See the pictures from ricevs' site, tweakaudio.  The advantage of Powerbright is their east coast location with phone number.

Right now I first have to figure out how to ground the inverter from my 3rd floor apartment.  Giandel says grounding is essential for safety reasons.  

You can ground an inverter to any true ground point......like the third pin in your wall....There are some really old buildings that have no true ground....this is certainly not to code and probably illegal.  I lived in a building like that in Berkeley back in the 80s.....I had to put a clamp on the cold water pipe to ground my system.

Thanks.  So I can take a ground wire and stick it into the 3rd pin in an unused outlet on a power strip?  Are there good ground wire ends with a thick single plug for a secure connection into the 3rd pin?

Yup....just buy a good three prong plug and put a large guage wire (12 gauge is fine) into the third pin only.....plug it into your strip or the wall and.....attach the other end of the wire to the inverter.  Any hardware store will have the plug and sell house wire by the foot....stranded wire is way easier to work with.